Skip to main content

Broken & Being Healed in Unexpected Ways | Epilepsy UPDATE, Part Two

Hi friends! I am so glad I'm able to share part two of this Epilepsy update!

Part one: https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2018/11/broken-being-healed-in-unexpected-ways.html

The Forth Test:

The forth test is supposed to be a 72 hour EEG, but unfortunately, we've hit an insurance snag and it's been put on hold. We aren't sure what's coming next for our family, but we are trying to trust Jesus. My biggest goal is to be found faithful. I want to be faithful. I want to be obedient and a faithful servant of my God and King. He is so worthy and it is a privilege to worship Him. It is a privilege to experience this pain. He's granted me the gift of suffering! This suffering, these trials, this ache is an opportunity and a blessing. My worship has grown and my relationship with God has blossomed. I have a more intimate relationship with my Heavenly Father and King! What a privilege! So no, we don't have answers, we're currently at a stand still and honestly, that is so hard! I can't even explain how hard this is and the pain we are experiencing, but He is still good and I truly would not trade this suffering!

To be found faithful.

I had some fear looking ahead and imagining what this would look like, what we'd go through, how we would feel. My two things were that it would break all of our hearts to see me like that, to see them seeing me. It broke me to imagine that pain and heartbreak. Each step was harder than the last and this step though maybe not harder was still going to break us-- this journey is breaking us. My other fear: PTSD and my past creeping up on me like it does sometimes and making this even more traumatic and emotional. (If you'd like to read more about my past: http://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/search?q=untitled-- Trigger warning!) When the Insurance didn't approve it and we were kind of put on hold, there was relief and brokenness, sorrow. There is a lot of emotions that are really hard to explain, that are hard for people to understand and for me to put into words, but joy and sorrow is a really good way of putting it. There is a lot of joy because of Jesus, what He is doing and how He is working, it's beautifully life-changing! And there is sorrow which is also beautifully life-changing and equally from the Lord. Both come from hurt, you can't truly experience joy until you've experienced heartache and sorrow and sorrow is a byproduct of hurt and a tool that God uses to bring true joy. Jesus is the only way we can experience real joy, without Him, we just have happiness. Happiness is dependent on our circumstances, but joy is absolutely not! Joy is a precious gift from God to His children, something that only we can experience. What a privilege! My life has been broken for so long but, from the moment Jesus saved me, I have been able to choose joy. I have had to learn and it's not an easy thing to do, but Jesus. Even when we don't choose to experience joy, it's there. Because Jesus is the giver of joy and true joy is an eternal gift from the Father. I can't really explain, but I really, really pray you get to experience it!

Joy and sorrow.

He keeps graciously reminding me what precious, eternal gifts He's given to me, to us, through this and one of my favorite gifts is His teaching. I love how He powerfully and sovereignly answers the prayers of His children! I pray that the Lord will help me sit back and just watch in awe as He works and He has truly graciously given me that gift and privilege! He points out and He doesn't let me miss an answer to prayer. I prayed that He would help me in some specific areas that I was struggling with and He answered and did a beautiful and GRACIOUS work in my heart, my desperately wicked, sinful heart. PRAISE GOD! His answers and His perfect will don't always look the way we pray or imagine or want, but His will is far better than we could ever ask or imagine! The way He convicts and shows me truth and changes me is my favorite! I am so grateful!! He has done a mighty work and He still is! Until Eternity!

His teachings.

I am different than I was when this all started and I am grateful! I am so grateful that He is faithful and true to His word. Grateful that, as He promised, He will not leave us or forsake us. Grateful because He is mighty to save and His saving doesn't always look the way we want it to. I am grateful that He didn't give us what we wanted the way we wanted! Praise the Lord! His ways are higher than ours and better than we could ever imagine!! Wow God!!

..............................................................................

What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged—
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy-laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge—
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He'll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.

--What a Friend We Have in Jesus

Praying this over us!

..................................................................

Thank you for reading my story! Thank you for cheering me on and encouraging me! Thank you! You bless me, friend!! So much!

-b

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Pain.

I just recently read a blog post about silent pain. It was like it was talking about me. Though the girl that wrote it and I deal with pain about completely different things and hers is much more serious, we still deal with pain and we hold it in. Unfortunately, she didn't say anything until it was to late. Until it had already broken her. I don't want to do that. I don't want this pain to break me. I don't want to lose a part of myself because of this pain. So, I am going tell you about my pain. Not to make you feel bad for me, not so that you can pity me, but because... I want to inspire others. I want to inspire you. I want to share my journey with you, I want you to be a part of my journey. And I don't want this pain to break me. I walk down the aisle in Wal-mart, in the hallway at the hospital where my dad works, at church, in the car, at home, anywhere and it seems like everywhere I go there are flickering lights (flickering lights are a major seizure trig

My Hallelujah Song.

Today is one of those really bad days. You know, the kind of day where your heart hurts even when something wonderful happens? The kind of day that makes you want to cry about every little thing? The kind of day that makes you almost hate the things you love? Yeah, today has been that kind of day for me. Today has kind of stunk! It has been rough and my heart is hurting. Today is the every once in a while day that we call "I hate Epilepsy day". It comes every couple of weeks or months and it doesn't stay long but while it's here, it hurts! It breaks our hearts and it makes us cry and basically, it just plain stinks, big time!! I have cried more times then I can count today. Why? You may ask. Because, it stinks to have Epilepsy sometimes! Now, please don't get the idea that I hate Epilepsy, even though everything I've said so far has pointed to that very thought. I LOVE having Epilepsy!! I love that the Lord gave this illness to me!! It is a gift and I am

Broken & Being Healed in Unexpected Ways | Epilepsy UPDATE

Hi friends! I am so excited to finally share an update with you! In case you've missed it here are some p revious posts I've written about Epilepsy and my journey with JME (Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy) : https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2018/07/a-new-perspective.html   (most recent) https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2018/07/update-update-update.html   (last update) https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2017/11/hello-epilepsy.html https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2016/11/disability-or-reability-my-epilepsy.html https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2016/09/my-hallelujah-song.html https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2015/06/silent-pain.html From the start of our journey to a diagnosis to where we are today... My First Doctor's Appointment: The doctor's appointment went nothing like we expected! It was so hard and not what we hoped for! It was definitely broken and it wrecked me! We got up and we got to the appointment on time-- woot woot! (I tho