Skip to main content

Dear Single Girls | Relatioships + Christ-Centered Love

It's hard to be single in a world that says that's not enough. It's hard to feel "not enough". It's hard to feel left out in a crowd of people in relationships, married, or engaged. It's hard to see someone persuing that girl over there and feeling that ache because no one is pursuing you. It's hard to feel all the feels that come with being single. I'm right there with you, sweet sister! ♥️ You're not alone. BUT God has something magical in store for us and I want to talk about it with you! We can't stay stuck in this wondering, mourning, questioning, whatever negative feelings you've got going on because God calls us to something MORE! Something bigger than ourselves. Something that isn't focused on us or our desires for a husband. Something greater than we could ever ask or imagine. He calls us to live FOR HIM! Not for ourselves and if you're anything like me, that's a hard lesson to learn and a struggle to live by. It's not natural for us as humans to live for God, but God calls us to live in the not-natural, the super-natural. He calls us to stop looking at the broken and hard as a home and start looking at it as a gift and a valley to walk THROUGH! Sister friend, He is calling us to be for Him! That can most certainly involve a husband, but it doesn't start and stop with one. It should start with Jesus and be all about Jesus and never end because of Jesus! Our joy and our contentment should never rest in a man, but rather in Jesus! Our worth is in Christ alone and His gracious work on the cross. We were bought with a price and we get to live like it!! When the Lord started really convicting me about this, about how much of me was rooted in finding a husband and how I wasn't living out my purpose and calling because I was too distracted by the prospect of a husband, it was then that I really began to live FOR Him and live that abundant life! He started really showing me what He had for me and what I should do and it is the best!! Getting to live and not waiting to live until I'm married. Getting to bless people now. Getting to work for the glory of God. Getting to do kingdom work in a deeper way. It's the best!! I have felt so much joy and fulfilment because Jesus has done a work in my heart and I am praying that over you, sweet friend! We can have abundance now and there can be great, huge abundance when the Lord leads us to our man. Where He has you is the best place to be! What He has called you to is the best thing to do. Plan and prepare for your future, don't get stuck in today, but be present and stop looking to the not yet as your whole life and reason for being. Dramatic much?? I know, but if you're anything like me that was, at the very least, subconsciously your heart for awhile. I don't want to live in the future or wait for my dreams of a husband and family to come true to live for Jesus! To honor Him and be all in to the kingdom work God has called me to. Friend, we are going to need to be fully satisfied in Jesus even after we have a husband because that is how the Lord designed us. He designed us to need Him and to not be truly satisfied with anything less. I know none of us single girls want to hear that when we finally get a guy he won't be enough, but that's the truth, sister! He will never, ever be enough to truly satisfy you, only Jesus can do that! So set yourself up for success and look to Jesus NOW and then later when you're married you won't be relying on your husband to be everything and instead you'll already have everything in Jesus Christ. It's a heavy burden to put on any human. It's a heavy burden to put on a husband. It's a heavy burden to put on you. It's not abundance, it's slavery to a lie. The lie that says he'll be enough and he can make you happy and you don't need anything more-- you do!! You need Jesus and you can't live without Him! Let us believe the truth that we need Jesus and He is our ultimate satisfaction, always.

Husband's are great from what I've heard and I'm a huge proponent of marriage, I just don't want us to nor is it scriptural to live for a perfect love story and happily ever after. Also, if your beautiful self is married this definitely applies to you, too! ♥️ Lots of love beautiful humans! *Muah*

With love,
Your single sister trying to learn how to live for Jesus above everything else ♥️ (((hugs)))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Pain.

I just recently read a blog post about silent pain. It was like it was talking about me. Though the girl that wrote it and I deal with pain about completely different things and hers is much more serious, we still deal with pain and we hold it in. Unfortunately, she didn't say anything until it was to late. Until it had already broken her. I don't want to do that. I don't want this pain to break me. I don't want to lose a part of myself because of this pain. So, I am going tell you about my pain. Not to make you feel bad for me, not so that you can pity me, but because... I want to inspire others. I want to inspire you. I want to share my journey with you, I want you to be a part of my journey. And I don't want this pain to break me. I walk down the aisle in Wal-mart, in the hallway at the hospital where my dad works, at church, in the car, at home, anywhere and it seems like everywhere I go there are flickering lights (flickering lights are a major seizure trig

My Hallelujah Song.

Today is one of those really bad days. You know, the kind of day where your heart hurts even when something wonderful happens? The kind of day that makes you want to cry about every little thing? The kind of day that makes you almost hate the things you love? Yeah, today has been that kind of day for me. Today has kind of stunk! It has been rough and my heart is hurting. Today is the every once in a while day that we call "I hate Epilepsy day". It comes every couple of weeks or months and it doesn't stay long but while it's here, it hurts! It breaks our hearts and it makes us cry and basically, it just plain stinks, big time!! I have cried more times then I can count today. Why? You may ask. Because, it stinks to have Epilepsy sometimes! Now, please don't get the idea that I hate Epilepsy, even though everything I've said so far has pointed to that very thought. I LOVE having Epilepsy!! I love that the Lord gave this illness to me!! It is a gift and I am

Broken & Being Healed in Unexpected Ways | Epilepsy UPDATE

Hi friends! I am so excited to finally share an update with you! In case you've missed it here are some p revious posts I've written about Epilepsy and my journey with JME (Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy) : https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2018/07/a-new-perspective.html   (most recent) https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2018/07/update-update-update.html   (last update) https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2017/11/hello-epilepsy.html https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2016/11/disability-or-reability-my-epilepsy.html https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2016/09/my-hallelujah-song.html https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2015/06/silent-pain.html From the start of our journey to a diagnosis to where we are today... My First Doctor's Appointment: The doctor's appointment went nothing like we expected! It was so hard and not what we hoped for! It was definitely broken and it wrecked me! We got up and we got to the appointment on time-- woot woot! (I tho