Skip to main content

Dear Future Husband | Another Letter to You

Dear future husband,

Someday the "future" is going to be taken out of that, but until then I think I'm just going to write and write and write to you and praise the Lord for this season and when the "future" is my "right now" we will all be able to see how good God has been and how far He has brought me and we can all rejoice in the Lord over His goodness, power, mercy, and truly amazing grace!

The Lord has been teaching me so much about relationships, marriage, and singleness over the last two/three years and I'm so grateful! He has been teaching more recently about contentment and finding my worth, satisfaction, fulfilment, and joy...and everything else in Him alone! Not Him plus anything else! Him ALONE! I'm going to be really honest and say, that's been hard for me. It's hard and then He reminds me and shows me more of how truly awesome He is! He shows me so much of Himself-- what He's done and who He is. He shows me that He loves so intimately and so graciously. He loves so big and so fiercely. He knows everything about me, more than I know about myself. He is all-knowing, all-powerful, all-sufficient! He is altogether worthy and holy! He is so kind. He gives so generously and so graciously. He gives with great joy. He is so good! He shows me truths like these and it isn't so hard anymore. My struggle in making Him my everything isn't because He isn't deserving, but because I'm forgetting that it's not about me and it's not about this world! I get caught up and stuck in the lie that it's all about what I want and everything I could want can be provided by this world and God has been so gracious in teaching and reminding me of His truths and bringing me back to Himself! He has been convicting me and leading me in repentance and I'm so grateful! So, so grateful! He has been so gracious to fill me up with gratitude and joy! So, I'm learning that you're not where it all starts and stops, but rather Jesus is where it starts and it never stops!! The "it" being joy, hope, satisfaction, fulfilment, worth, meaning, abundant Life. Jesus is life!! He breaths life into me and gives hope! I'm learning all of these wonderful things about how to live, how to thrive, and how to not wait to start living. I'm learning that without a man doesn't mean going without. I'm learning that there is SO. MUCH. WONDERFUL. BEAUTY. HERE! Right now! In this moment! Where I'm at! Hallelujah! God is so good!! He is so gracious to teach us! There is life here and I'm learning to legit live and dance like a crazy person with crazy, abundant joy in Jesus alone!! {{I did that today while I was getting ready and it is definitely one of my favorite moments worshipping Jesus! ♥️}} Someday there will be a new song in my heart, but this will always remain a precious gift and a wonderful season! Thank You, Lord!

xoxo,
b

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It all comes from Jesus and I'm so grateful! ❤️ I so appreciate your commenting ! ❤️ Blessings, b

      Delete
    2. I guess I should mention that it's Trinity! Sorry I'm bad with letting people know that it's me๐Ÿ˜‰ miss you!

      Delete
    3. Awe! Hi! ๐Ÿ™‹Miss you, too! ❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Pain.

I just recently read a blog post about silent pain. It was like it was talking about me. Though the girl that wrote it and I deal with pain about completely different things and hers is much more serious, we still deal with pain and we hold it in. Unfortunately, she didn't say anything until it was to late. Until it had already broken her. I don't want to do that. I don't want this pain to break me. I don't want to lose a part of myself because of this pain. So, I am going tell you about my pain. Not to make you feel bad for me, not so that you can pity me, but because... I want to inspire others. I want to inspire you. I want to share my journey with you, I want you to be a part of my journey. And I don't want this pain to break me. I walk down the aisle in Wal-mart, in the hallway at the hospital where my dad works, at church, in the car, at home, anywhere and it seems like everywhere I go there are flickering lights (flickering lights are a major seizure trig

Broken & Being Healed in Unexpected Ways | Epilepsy UPDATE

Hi friends! I am so excited to finally share an update with you! In case you've missed it here are some p revious posts I've written about Epilepsy and my journey with JME (Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy) : https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2018/07/a-new-perspective.html   (most recent) https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2018/07/update-update-update.html   (last update) https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2017/11/hello-epilepsy.html https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2016/11/disability-or-reability-my-epilepsy.html https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2016/09/my-hallelujah-song.html https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2015/06/silent-pain.html From the start of our journey to a diagnosis to where we are today... My First Doctor's Appointment: The doctor's appointment went nothing like we expected! It was so hard and not what we hoped for! It was definitely broken and it wrecked me! We got up and we got to the appointment on time-- woot woot! (I tho

Update! Update! Update!

Any other Phineas and Ferb fans out there? Haha! "Monday! Monday!! Monday!!!"- Isabella ๐Ÿ˜‚ Anyway-- Hi sweet friends! :) I am going to be sharing some updates for anyone curious and to document where God has us right now. :) This first one is all about where I'm at with epilepsy and what's coming soon for our family in this area. In the next post I will be sharing an update about my journey living with sexual assault and overcoming it and how the Lord is restoring. The third post will be my story of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and where I'm at/how things are going in this season. There will definitely be more updates because a lot has been happening around here. I always want to share and be open, as well as documenting this journey for myself and so others can see and be reminded of the goodness of God! Much love and I hope these posts bless and encourage you! Let's talk Epilepsy first. For those of you who are new to my story, here is the sup