Skip to main content

We Moved!!

Many of you probably already know that we have moved, but I wanted to share some details and tell you about some crazy awesome things the Lord has done for our family!!

We've been needing to move for quite a while, but had not been in a position where that was possible for our family until recently. The Lord could have moved mountains years ago when this need to move first arose, but He didn't. It wasn't His plan. It wasn't His will for our family back then. We questioned. We asked our fair share of whys. We got frustrated and even at times angry. Our situation was very difficult and honestly, it was so beyond hard. We at times struggled to trust God, to trust that He really was working, as He promised, for our good and His glory. We struggled believing there was good ahead, that there would be deliverance. We struggled and were so weary by the end of the journey. But God gave us an end!! He graciously forgave when we repented! He graciously reminded us of truth! He graciously gave hope and encouragement when we were hurting and struggling! He was so gracious through every moment!! Through the brokenness of this journey, He has been on His throne and He has never left us, not even for a moment! This spring the Lord opened up an opportunity for us to move out of our house and start renting!! There were moments of trying not to get my hopes up and doubt and fear, lots of fear, but there was also such peace. The Lord gave peace and lead our family to start house hunting!! This was so hard! Way harder than I think I thought would be. We would find a house we loved and for one reason or another it wouldn't work out. We had three (four?) houses we loved and were going to move on. The first one was at the tip top of our budget, really it was out of our budget, but we struggled with that one the whole time. There were a lot of people interested in the second house, we put in an application and got a super kind and encouraging call from the sweetest house manager a couple (? I'm a little fuzzy with some of the details;)) days later that informed us we didn't get this one. We found this precious little old house that we thought was just the cutest and were going to take the whole fam to see it and put in an application for it and the afternoon before our meeting we got a call from the landlord (she was so kind! We got to chat when Mom and I stopped in to look at it and she was just so sweet!) and she had already rented it to someone else. We were struggling and disappointed. Everyone was looking for the same thing we were. We had been looking at every website, we would drive around every chance we got and look for 'for rent' signs (that was such a precious journey and we made some super sweet memories during those times!), we were putting our whole hearts into this and we were coming back with empty hands and that was hard! We were in a really hard and serious situation, we needed to move quickly and to not have a home after all of the hoping, dreaming, praying, and hard work we were putting into finding one was hard. {{The Lord was teaching us so much and leading us so graciously! This was such an important time and something I am so grateful for! There really is purpose in pain, sweet friends!}} Then God did something incredible and unbelievable! One of our precious friends (she is such a gift from the Lord! She has been blessing me and cheering me on for years and she reminds me often that she prays for me daily! The grace of God!! To give such a wonderful friend to me and to our little family, just grace, y'all! So grateful!) reached out to Mom and basically the jist of this magical story is that her sister was looking for someone to rent her home as she and her family had moved away and y'all!! We were struggling at this point, and then God does this and literally just puts it right in front of us and makes a way when there should have never been a way. There was a massive mountain that should have stood between us and this home and there were several other smaller, but still pretty massive mountains that were a concern and God turned them into dust!!! He made a way when there was no way!! This was hard from start to right now as I'm typing, but the beauty that the Lord has provided and the grace He has given overshadow all of the heartache and hardship!! Praise the Lord!!!!! Wow God!!! Amen!!

Moving was basically one of the hardest things ever!! Okay, okay, I'm being a little dramatic, but y'all! It was stinking hard!! There was so much stress and hard work and exhaustion! The emotional side of this for me has been a hard hurdle. From Pete to G, the four of us have spent our lives up until this point living in that house. All of the joy we have have experienced in that house is just nothing short of an absolute treasure and gift from the Lord! We have experienced so much happiness and the Lord literally saved me (oh, the grace of God!!) in that home of ours! There has also been so much sorrow, so many sleepless nights, so many years, the years of heartache from sexual assault and betrayal, my diagnosis and seizures and anxiety and brokenness, it all happened and I ran home to our little old house on the corner. That was my safe place. I wanted to move more than I can probably express and I was (am!) so excited, but even still there was a part of me grieving what once was and the safety of our old home. I think there is still some grieving going on. There is still a lot of healing to come and I'm expectant for what the Lord is going to do!! One of the things I prayed for was a home that felt safe and God gave in abundance! I prayed some specific prayers. I prayed through tears. I journaled a prayer in my Bible. I prayed and prayed and Jesus graciously and generously taught me so much! He gave us a home that truly is like a little safe haven. We prayed for a gathering place and He gave in great abundance! We prayed that people would be blessed in this home and He has given blessings. This didn't look like I thought it would and I'm so grateful! I'm grateful that God doesn't work the way I work. He doesn't do things the way I do. He doesn't see things the way I see them! Grateful! He is BIGGER, STRONGER, GREATER!! His ways are HIGHER! He sees the WHOLE PICTURE! Praise the LORD!!

We are settled now!! Not moved in all the way, but we are making our miracle home home for us and we are so grateful to the Lord!

This is our home on the hill for a season and I am praising the Lord!

xoxo,
bk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Pain.

I just recently read a blog post about silent pain. It was like it was talking about me. Though the girl that wrote it and I deal with pain about completely different things and hers is much more serious, we still deal with pain and we hold it in. Unfortunately, she didn't say anything until it was to late. Until it had already broken her. I don't want to do that. I don't want this pain to break me. I don't want to lose a part of myself because of this pain. So, I am going tell you about my pain. Not to make you feel bad for me, not so that you can pity me, but because... I want to inspire others. I want to inspire you. I want to share my journey with you, I want you to be a part of my journey. And I don't want this pain to break me. I walk down the aisle in Wal-mart, in the hallway at the hospital where my dad works, at church, in the car, at home, anywhere and it seems like everywhere I go there are flickering lights (flickering lights are a major seizure trig

My Hallelujah Song.

Today is one of those really bad days. You know, the kind of day where your heart hurts even when something wonderful happens? The kind of day that makes you want to cry about every little thing? The kind of day that makes you almost hate the things you love? Yeah, today has been that kind of day for me. Today has kind of stunk! It has been rough and my heart is hurting. Today is the every once in a while day that we call "I hate Epilepsy day". It comes every couple of weeks or months and it doesn't stay long but while it's here, it hurts! It breaks our hearts and it makes us cry and basically, it just plain stinks, big time!! I have cried more times then I can count today. Why? You may ask. Because, it stinks to have Epilepsy sometimes! Now, please don't get the idea that I hate Epilepsy, even though everything I've said so far has pointed to that very thought. I LOVE having Epilepsy!! I love that the Lord gave this illness to me!! It is a gift and I am

Broken & Being Healed in Unexpected Ways | Epilepsy UPDATE

Hi friends! I am so excited to finally share an update with you! In case you've missed it here are some p revious posts I've written about Epilepsy and my journey with JME (Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy) : https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2018/07/a-new-perspective.html   (most recent) https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2018/07/update-update-update.html   (last update) https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2017/11/hello-epilepsy.html https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2016/11/disability-or-reability-my-epilepsy.html https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2016/09/my-hallelujah-song.html https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2015/06/silent-pain.html From the start of our journey to a diagnosis to where we are today... My First Doctor's Appointment: The doctor's appointment went nothing like we expected! It was so hard and not what we hoped for! It was definitely broken and it wrecked me! We got up and we got to the appointment on time-- woot woot! (I tho