Skip to main content

Playing Catch-up, Part One

I know its been awhile but, I'm back! I am so excited to get back to this whole "blogging thing" and I can't wait to fill y'all in on the last couple of months. :) These are posts about past events that I am finally getting around to typing out and posting. :)

November...30 Days Of Thankfulness, Day 30!

Sleep.

Sleep is something I think we tend to take for granted. Its one of those things we need so badly but typically don't realize how important it is. My mom has told me MANY times how IMPORTANT sleep is for our health!

I never gave sleep much thought until just a couple of years ago. I have epilepsy (a medical term for, a seizure disorder) and one of the triggers is fatigue/sleep deprivation, so in other words I need a lot of sleep!

Quick story: Awhile back my medicine quite working right, so, I went to the doctor and they started to up my dose. Everything was getting better except for my sleep, one second I was fine, jumping-off-the-walls, being productive, totally happy and the next I felt like crying... and some days I did. During that time I realized how IMPORTANT sleep is and I was reminded how GREAT God is!

Jesus got me through that hard time in my life, He reminded me that He ALWAYS has a plan. He reminded me that He will ALWAYS be with me and He will ALWAYS keep me safe. Through that whole time I did not have a seizure!

Also, I would like to tell y'all another short story about an amazing lady with the sweetest heart. My mom walked in the living room one day, I was laying on the couch and she handed me an index card with two verses on it. At the time I thought the verses were from her, it wasn't until just a couple of months ago that I found out that those two verses that had helped me SO much were from someone I have NEVER met before. When my mom told me that, it made my heart SO happy! Knowing that someone cared enough to send these verses to my mom to give to me was just so amazing! I am so Thankful and grateful for her and those two little verse she sent me, that helped me so much.

Psalm 4:8~ I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Proverbs 3:24~ When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

Thank You, Jesus for the gift of sleep!

Today Is A Beautiful Day...

It's the day my dad was born! Happy Birthday to the man that wipes my tears, holds my hand, supports, encourages, lifts me up, helps me, laughs with me, holds me when I cry, to the man that is always willing to listen, give advice, trust me and most importantly to the man that leads me closer to Christ.

God has blessed me abundantly with an amazing dad!

He gave me someone who I could trust with anything, someone I could turn to for help, someone who would ALWAYS be there for me no matter what.

My dad has helped me get through all of the trials, all of the messed up stuff, all of the tears and all of the anger that I've had. He always tries to understand! He probably has no idea how much that means to me. My dad and I fit together perfectly! God knew that we would work great together. He knew that we would need each other to get through life, that we would go through hard things and that we would need each other to get through those times in our lives. God knew that we would drive each other nuts, that we would sometimes butt heads, that our relationship would have rough times, but we are both fighters and we will fight through anything that tries to come between us and our relationship.

My dad is someone who is sweet, kind, loving, hard-working, funny, totally weird, AMAZING, he is someone who has got me through a lot, he has taught me so much about life and about Jesus. The most important thing for any father to be is a believer in Jesus Christ! And I am so blessed to have a daddy that loves Jesus and strives to lead us closer to Christ!

My dad and I are best friends! He and I talk like best friends, about stuff that doesn't really matter and about really important stuff, we act like crazy people and we have fun!

I'm not going to lie and say my dad is perfect. He's not, he makes mistakes, he does things that he shouldn't, but he doesn't try to hide those mistakes, he doesn't try to pretend that he didn't do something.

He's the best and I get the privilege of calling him my dad.

Happy Birthday Daddy! I hope all of your wishes come true!!

(Disclaimer: His birthday was in December.)

xoxo,
Bayley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Pain.

I just recently read a blog post about silent pain. It was like it was talking about me. Though the girl that wrote it and I deal with pain about completely different things and hers is much more serious, we still deal with pain and we hold it in. Unfortunately, she didn't say anything until it was to late. Until it had already broken her. I don't want to do that. I don't want this pain to break me. I don't want to lose a part of myself because of this pain. So, I am going tell you about my pain. Not to make you feel bad for me, not so that you can pity me, but because... I want to inspire others. I want to inspire you. I want to share my journey with you, I want you to be a part of my journey. And I don't want this pain to break me. I walk down the aisle in Wal-mart, in the hallway at the hospital where my dad works, at church, in the car, at home, anywhere and it seems like everywhere I go there are flickering lights (flickering lights are a major seizure trig

Broken & Being Healed in Unexpected Ways | Epilepsy UPDATE

Hi friends! I am so excited to finally share an update with you! In case you've missed it here are some p revious posts I've written about Epilepsy and my journey with JME (Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy) : https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2018/07/a-new-perspective.html   (most recent) https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2018/07/update-update-update.html   (last update) https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2017/11/hello-epilepsy.html https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2016/11/disability-or-reability-my-epilepsy.html https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2016/09/my-hallelujah-song.html https://bayleykatherine.blogspot.com/2015/06/silent-pain.html From the start of our journey to a diagnosis to where we are today... My First Doctor's Appointment: The doctor's appointment went nothing like we expected! It was so hard and not what we hoped for! It was definitely broken and it wrecked me! We got up and we got to the appointment on time-- woot woot! (I tho

Update! Update! Update!

Any other Phineas and Ferb fans out there? Haha! "Monday! Monday!! Monday!!!"- Isabella 😂 Anyway-- Hi sweet friends! :) I am going to be sharing some updates for anyone curious and to document where God has us right now. :) This first one is all about where I'm at with epilepsy and what's coming soon for our family in this area. In the next post I will be sharing an update about my journey living with sexual assault and overcoming it and how the Lord is restoring. The third post will be my story of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and where I'm at/how things are going in this season. There will definitely be more updates because a lot has been happening around here. I always want to share and be open, as well as documenting this journey for myself and so others can see and be reminded of the goodness of God! Much love and I hope these posts bless and encourage you! Let's talk Epilepsy first. For those of you who are new to my story, here is the sup